MOA on WinPE3

Moderator: continuum

MOA on WinPE3

Postby asteriks » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:07 pm

@Ulli: We cannot access the "MOA on WinPE3" topic without password. I'm also unable to PM you to ask question directly... this why I'm creating this topic (surely on bad section)

So, there's any development with this project (MOA64)? Remember, I really want to help on test phase (http://sanbarrow.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.p ... 01&start=4).

Please, give us some news about this new project!
asteriks

Re: MOA on WinPE3

Postby continuum » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:45 pm

Hi Asteriks

damn - I though the PM-issues were fixed ? I look into it.
I send you a test-PM right now - please reply here if you get it

I believe you need another post to be allowed to use PMs - minimum is 3 posts

About the MOA64 ...

I put that on hold for now - there is so much progress in the PE3 development right now that decided to give it some more time before I create a branch.
As I plan to use the same directory layout as before I need to heavily modify the PE3 and so would make it quite hard to implement any new features of PE3 once I made that change.

So I hope you have some patience - the project is not dead - I just think it is a good idea to wait a bit longer

Ulli
continuum

Postby asteriks » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:18 pm

Ok, no problem... I appreciate the feedback and fully understand why!

Thanks
asteriks

Postby continuum » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:40 am

Actually the biggest reason why I am a bit lazy with MOA 64 is this poor new Workstation.

In VMTN I tell users " if USB-support is important use 6.5.4 - "if NAT is important use 6.5.4"
It is a pity - current release is 7.1.3 - where as 7.0.1 seems to be the best so far ...

Not motivating at all :(
continuum

Postby chriskurlinski » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:56 pm

Hello everyone, Meet Continuum on the VM boards. I had the issue with Raw disks support in windows 7. You linked me to your site. Very Cool, changed my whole view of things.

I was just wondering if PE3 will allow raw disk support seeing as it's a Pre install Environment. Just wondering. I started with a PE7 x64 install off a usb stick, but that was too slow, now I have it running off a NV Raid0 array for kicks. It boots very very fast and runs in 1 GB of ram. It's insanely fast.
If I could install Vmware with physical disk access, :twisted: .

Thanks everyone, and Continuum.
chriskurlinski

Postby continuum » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:32 am

I consider using WS 6.5.5 with PE3 64bit

The new version 6.5.5 seems good enough to work on Windows 7 - anyway better then the WS 7.

keep you updated ...

Ulli
continuum

Return to MOA - based on BartPE