IO1_INITIALiZATION_FAILED

Moderator: continuum

IO1_INITIALiZATION_FAILED

Postby Nethfel » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:06 pm

Hi all,

I got this lovely error while trying to boot from the MOA made CD. I followed the directions in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=80&t=2 and everything seemed to go ok, but then when I booted the CD on my hardware I got the IO1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED BSoD.

I had used the SMALL driver pack - I'm not sure if this is a driver related issue but do you all think I should try to remake it with the BIG setting for the drivers?

Any suggestions are welcome!
Nethfel

Re: IO1_INITIALiZATION_FAILED

Postby continuum » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:58 pm

Hi
tell me some details about your host
which ISO did you use to boot ? - the standard version or the bandit version ?
how much RAM does your host have ?

trying with big driverpackage may also help

Ulli
continuum

Postby Nethfel » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:10 am

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me.

The system I was attempting to boot the CD on (which is what I'm assuming you're referring to as the host system) is an older AMD based system (I don't have it in front of me atm, but it was a single core, 2200+ AMD), onboard video, 512MB ram, I was booting from a USB based CD/DVD drive (the system is stripped down to just a HD, MB, RAM, CPU and power supply acting as a "low cost" no frills server ;) )

I was using the standard version because honestly I didn't know if one version was better then the other to use for cold cloning, so I went with the defaults.

I will try the big package tomorrow when I'm back in to work.

-Tony
Nethfel

Postby continuum » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:41 pm

Hi

old AMD ? - should work.
Did you create MOA with support for SMP ?
Maybe try the single CPU version
continuum

Postby Nethfel » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:25 pm

Hi again,

I only did the disc as single CPU. I have 2 different CDs now, 1 small drivers, 1 big drivers. Both give me the same IO1_initialization_failed error when booting on multiple different test machines (the older AMD and a 1.5 year old Dell Optiplex 755).

Something I have must be bad somewhere - right now my only guess is the X13-05665.img file, but MOA seems to extract everything ok (you'd think if it was a defective image, there would be problems extracting the files from it, no?)

My process of operation is this:

Run Moa, let it download what it needs (selecting the default on everything but the drivers), let it do PEBuilder, it then asks about converter, so I select yes and point it to the vmware converter file. After a while later, there is an ISO in the iso-out folder. As this is being built within a virtualbox vm, I take the ISO to my OSX host and burn it to a CD.
Nethfel

Postby continuum » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:04 am

Hi
first of all - does your ISO boot anywhere else ? = does it boot inside a VM ?

When you use the moa-std.iso try to hit F5 early at boot of MOA.
Then you can select a different HAL - which may help.

Please test if it boots inside a VM first

Ulli
continuum

Postby Nethfel » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:12 pm

Good news, I got it to work. I did it at home slightly differently then I did it at work and I got a functional bootable CD (my work VM that I was working in didn't have enough HD space, so I was attempting to run it from an SMB mount to a drive letter, I don't know if that had anything to do with it, or if it was because I watched everything at home and made sure all files were downloaded (and located and tested the MD5 of the windows iso)) but it works. I do have a few other questions that are unrelated to this so I'm going to start a new topic for them.
Nethfel

Postby continuum » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:04 pm

Interesting - I would not expect that a SMB mounted directory can be used to create a good MOA.

Got to keep it in mind that the result may look ok at first but fail during boot.

Thanks for reporting

Ulli
continuum

Return to MOA - based on BartPE